Thursday, November 27, 2008

Advent for Bloggers

Times religion blogger Ruth Gledhill contemplates an advent exercise on blogging. It sounds worthwhile. We'll keep her posts linked up here for anyone else thinking a little more spiritual practice might be a good thing in this corner of life:

As Advent approaches, it strikes me that many of us on this blog might be in need of a little spiritual help. When I became a freeman of the City of London some years ago, courtesy of my great friend and mentor Sir Sigmund Sternberg, I was handed a little red book, Rules for the Conduct of Life, on how freemen and apprentices should conduct themselves in society. I've decided that many of us here, me included, could learn from reflecting on these at some depth. There are XXXVI of them, that is one for every day until the New Year. So every day from now til then, you're going to get one. These can be our adventorial exercises. Please learn, think and spiritually digest. And may we all begin 2009 on a slightly more civil footing.

No comments:

Post a Comment