Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DeMint's hand-picked witch will only do witch-friendly TV shows, all of which are on Fox

Miss O'Donnell announces she will only do Fox News interviews because that's the only forum where her concern with Delaware can be sated:


National exposure is now "off the table, because that's not going to help me get votes," O'Donnell told Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity. "I'm not going to do any more national media because this is my focus: Delaware is my focus, and the local media is my focus."
She added that former Alaska governor Sarah Palin's advice, to focus on interviews with Delaware reporters and reaching Delaware voters, was "absolutely right."
O'Donnell made the national-media rounds the day after her win but has largely remained out of sight since then, emerging only for her first appearance on the national stage last Friday at the Family Research Council's Values Voter Summit of social conservatives.
Her last-minute cancellation of two Sunday show appearances two days ago garnered her widespread criticism.

But while she has refused most interviews, O'Donnell has very much been a presence on the airwaves: She has been ridiculed on cable and late-night TV for telling Bill Maher in a 1990s TV appearance that she "dabbled in witchcraft."
On "Hannity" Tuesday night, O'Donnell took aim at the media for airing those clips, charging that "what they're trying to do is paint me as an extremist ... so people won't pay attention to my message."
Asked about her remarks about witchcraft, O'Donnell made light of the comments, chalking it up to "teenage rebellion."
"Some people dabble in drugs to rebel; that's how I rebelled," she said, laughing. "Who didn't do some questionable things in high school, and who doesn't regret the '80s, to some extent? I certainly do, and I most certainly regret bringing it up to Bill Maher."
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment