Wednesday, December 23, 2015

In which we learn, anew, that I am a bad son.

In December 1981, I was listening to The Prairie Home Companion. Garrison Keillor was reading notes from the audience. Then he said, "I wanna wish a happy birthday...to Lindsay Thompson....he's 26 today.....out there in Portland....Oregon. This is from his parents....in Shelby...North Carolina......I wanna tell ya, ladies and gentlemen.....that young man has gone about as far from home....as he can get."

A new study finds the average American lives 18 miles from his/her parents.

For 28 years I averaged 2500 miles from home. My continental US best is 2871 miles.

Map from Shelby, NC to Port Angeles, WA

My personal best is two years in England- 3962 miles.

Now I've got it down to 91 miles and a bit. Still plenty of space to avoid awkward path crossings at the Circle K.




No comments:

Post a Comment