Friday, March 18, 2016

Fozzie: "Shame on you! I thought we were in this thing together. I'm just as scared as you are, but this has to be done! We don't want the bad guys to win. We gotta do this f-f-for justice! For freedom! For honesty! "



Two weeks ago, Senator Ted Cruz unveiled his 19-member team of advisors on religiously-based discrimination against minorities. We reviewed the collection of mountebanks and zanies the Canadian-born Cuban wants around him in his war to make America safe again for angry old white protestants (one, the Hispanic evangelical leader, Samuel Gonzalez, proved the extent of his animus by serving on both Ted Cruz’s and Marco Rubio’s religious discrimination advisory boards; the other 21 Rubiolytes are, presumably, shipping their unused policy memos to Donald Trump and the President of Uganda).

Meantime, Senator Cruz heard Donald Trump announce that his team of foreign policy experts is the most dazzling since Fozzie Bear revealed the residence of Mr Bimbo in his thumb:

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things." 

"I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are," Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff."

Against that sort of firepower, one can understand why Senator Cruz might feel his one national security advisor, Victoria Coats- an art historian whose experience in national security has been working as a researcher on Donald Rumsfeld’s memoirs- might look a little thin.

So now he has unveiled his 23-member national security advisory coalition. As befits a man whose scorn for “the Washington cartel” and all its works knows no bounds, it is made up of now-aging Reagan administration underlings, some W retreads,  and a chock-full-o-nuts bowl of crackpots.


No comments:

Post a Comment