Friday, February 24, 2017

A Gardener's Diary: Signs of Life

Sometimes you can get the blues and it's a good thing, as this morning in a ramble around the yard. We are expecting a week and a half of sunny days in the 60s and 70s.


Down the street, the Bartlett pears are in blossom under a blue sky.


Last summer's blue roof still stands out in a neighborhood of dull dark greys.


Bulbs are turning up in places I didn't plant them,


-and in places I did.


The copse is still biding its time, as am I- for the day when the distant neighbor's collapsing quonset hut will vanish for six months.


I moved all the potted plants outside yesterday. Time to get ready for planting!


I also raked out the foot of leaves I piled in the herb garden, and found more tulips coming up where I thought I'd gathered up all the bulbs last year for relo to the new front yard beds.


Time, too, for some window box action outside the Henry Bemis Books Global Headquarters window.


Last fall's Big Bulb Project was a lot of work, but it is paying off. Seventy have come up as 170.








No comments:

Post a Comment