Wednesday, July 26, 2017

As the boy cried wolf, the President cries, "I can be more presidential!". Here's 5 examples in two years.

The Telegraph, March 9, 2016:

Donald Trump: I can be more presidential than anybody
Donald Trump vows he can more "presidential" than anybody after winning Republican support in Mississippi and Michigan

In his winning speech Mr Trump said "I can be more presidential than anybody, if I want to be, I can be more presidential than anybody.

"When I have 16 people coming at me from 16 different angles, you don't want to be so presidential.

"You have to win, you have to beat them back. But I would say more presidential, and I've said this a couple of times, more presidential than anybody other than the great Abe Lincoln. He was very presidential".





Associated Press, Superior, Wisconsin, April 4, 2017:


The Guardian, April 22, 2016 (remarks in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania):



ABC News, January 25, 2017:

Reporter: Mr. President, I know you're only five days in. Has it changed you?

The President: I don't wanna change too much. I've had a wonderful life and wonderful success. I want to make this a great success for the American people and for the people that put me in this position. So I don't want to change too much. I can be the most presidential person ever, other than possibly the great Abe Lincoln, all right? But I can be the most presidential person. But I may not be able to do the job nearly as well if I do that.





Youngstown, Ohio, July 25, 2017:


No comments:

Post a Comment