Wednesday, September 20, 2017

"People want insurance for their own families, not for other people's families."

Stephen Moore of the once-respected Heritage Foundation, on CNN:

Well, what you are going to have to do is have some kind of special fund so that people with pre-existing conditions are protected against price increases. But on the other hand, you don't want -- what happened in Obamacare, the disaster of Obamacare, is they put people with pre-existing conditions in the insurance pool with everyone else and that's what led to the big increases in costs. And that's why so many people who are healthy are basically saying, "Look, I don't want Obamacare. I'll pay the penalty. I can't afford the high costs of Obamacare because I'm relatively healthy and I don't want to pay for somebody who has got high health care costs." People want insurance for their own families, not for other people's families.

No comments:

Post a Comment