Saturday, December 16, 2017

Trump lifetime judgeship pick: "I thought you just figure out who is the richer, more powerful party in each case, and rule for him.'

Trump judicial nominee Matthew Petersen


“Do you know what a motion in limine is?” asked Kennedy, citing one of the most basic motions to exclude evidence before trial.

“I haven’t had to, again, do a deep dive,” fumbled the nominee. “And I understand, and I appreciate this line of questioning. I understand the challenge that would be ahead of me if I were fortunate enough to become a district court judge. I understand that the path that many successful district court judges have taken has been a different one than I have taken. But as I mentioned in my earlier answer, I believe that the path that I have taken to be one who’s been in a decision-making role in somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000 enforcement matters, overseen I don’t know how many cases in federal court …”

     -Trump federal trial court nominee (and chairman of the impotent Federal Elections Commission) Matthew Petersen, in his Senate judiciary committee confirmation this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment