Saturday, December 16, 2017

#MAGATalk: Watch what we say, not what we say you can't say


George Carlin, "Seven Words You Can't Say on Television", 1972 (annotations by Waldo):

Cocksucker. 1. Example, see "shit", below. 2. See also, Anthony Scaramucci, former White House Communications Director, “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own cock. I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President. I’m here to serve the country...Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac. ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ”

Cunt. See also, "pussy": 1. 'Donald Trump liked it when a woman yelled out at his rally Monday night that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was a “pussy.” He liked it so much that he repeated to the audience what she said.' (New Hampshire, February 2016). 2. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.” Donald Trump, Access Hollywood Interview, 2005.

Fuck. Example: "“I did try and fuck her. She was married. ... And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, ‘I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.’ I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married." Donald Trump, Access Hollywood Interview, 2005.

Motherfucker. Example: “Listen, you motherfuckers, we’re going to tax you 25 percent!” Donald Trump, Las Vegas, April 2011.

Piss. Example: 1. "Even if Pee-gate isn’t true, Donald Trump is stuck with it.You may have heard that some controversial documents were leaked last night by BuzzFeed, the juiciest of which alleges that Trump likes to get peed on. Or likes to pee on women. Something with piss."

2. See also, 'In the middle of Trump’s diatribe on trade, a supporter shouted “No TPP.” The candidate replied, “No PPP. You’re right about that.” For a second, it looked like Trump had realized that he’d misspoken — that the supporter was objecting to the Trans-Pacific Partnership, not Public Policy Polling — and was about to correct himself.

'“And you mean,” Trump began, “no pee-pee.”

'No pee-pee.'

Shit. Example: ""They have some in Syria, some in Iraq. I would bomb the shit out of 'em. I would just bomb those suckers. That's right." Donald Trump, Fort Dodge, Iowa, November 2015

Tits. Example: "Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look....", Donald Trump, Access Hollywood Interview, 2005.

*****

The United States Government, Centers for Disease Control, Seven Words You Can't Say At Work, 2017 (with acceptable replacements by Kevin Drum):


Vox has an explainer on how one of Jared Kushner's government reform programs is to adopt theocratic language across all agencies.








No comments:

Post a Comment