Thursday, August 27, 2009

Somewhere, Steve Jobs is laughing: "hip homophobes?"

Boy Fogle was wise to drop his blog's claim to be "transforming South Carolina politics" in light of his latest "scoop":

Ever since making my conversion to a Macintosh computer earlier this year, there’s been one thing I’ve longed for: An Apple Store in Columbia.

Charlotte has one. Charleston has one. Even Greenville kind of has one. But the state capital has nothing but an “AppleHub” at the University of South Carolina that sells a few Macintosh products.

According to the Daily Gamecock, however, that could be about to change.

While the answer remains to be seen as of yet, rumors are circulating that the computer chain, whose nearest stores are in Charlotte and Charleston, plans to open a store in Five Points.

Merritt McHaffie, the executive director of the Five Points Association, however, has yet to receive confirmation the store is coming.

“Developers said that a computer supply store that already has a branch in Charleston and Charlotte is interested in coming to Columbia,” McHaffie said. “The State ran the story and made it look like it was Apple, but it is still a rumor. I’m not saying that is true or not true.”

Students have long complained that while they own Apple products, there’s nowhere within an hour’s drive to purchase new products or to repair existing ones.

This would be a dream come true for Midlands Mac users.

Not only would there finally be a place closer than an hour away for repairs, but there would also be somewhere to check out brand new products.

Unfortunately, the drawback would be all the geeky uber-Mac lovers that would cling to the store like Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer to a television camera.

What a sense of entitlement! Scoop Doggy wants to be all hip and cool with his Mac but not to have to rub elbows with "geeky uber-Mac lovers."

Waldo commemorates Boy Fogle's attempt to become tragically hip by buying a Mac because it was the same weekend- February 23, 2009- he lied doing another thing he'd never do in a million years- reading this blog:

This weekend was pretty significant in my life, which means it was important for you as well. It was significant because I did three things I never thought I would do… ever.

First, I bought a brand new MacBook. Yes, I now own a Macintosh.

And the first few hours with it were awesome, until it crashed on me this morning and I had to return it for a new one. So after wasting the entire day updating my second new MacBook in as many days, I’m battling my preconceived notions about Apple products that I worked so hard to bury. I’ll let you know how it works out.

The second thing I did this weekend that I swore I would never do was put that hideous new license tag on my car. I know I could have gotten one of the hundreds of alternatives, but all the time I’m going to have to waste repairing my MacBook means I am short time to waste in line at the DMV.

And the last unexpected thing I did this weekend was read the Diary of a Mad Gay Dude, someone who goes by the pseudonym Waldo Lydecker. He apparently fancies himself as some kind of homosexual rights crusader and I totally wish him the best in that. The irony, though, is that he seeks “tolerance” by making fun of other groups — most notably, “my people,” a la calling me “Hoveround.” For his sake, I hope the rest of the “gay community” realizes that morons like this set their cause back a few hundred years.

Never mind that Scoop Doggy had launched his infamous- and failed- fatwah on this blog October 21, 2008.



1 comment:

  1. I guess "reinventing and redefining" really just means reposting, copying and stealing.

    ReplyDelete