Saturday, December 29, 2012

Senator Graham expains it all to you.

Meet the Press, December 23:

SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM:
Well, I own a AR-15. I've got it at my house. The question is, if you deny me the right to buy another one, have you made America safer? My belief is that this is a problem where you try to get mass murderers off the street before they act, by better mental health detection. You try to find ways to understand what makes them who they are.
But I don't suggest we ban every movie with a gun in it, and every video that's violent. And I don't suggest you take my right to buy an AR-15 away from me, because I don't think it will work. And I do believe better security in schools is a good place to start.
DAVID GREGORY:
Would you ban--
SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM:
And I don't want to come on your program--
DAVID GREGORY:
--high capacity magazines, though, Senator?
SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM:
--and say-- the whole goal is to interrupt the shooter, right? Changing a magazine, I can do that pretty quick. The best way to interrupt a shooter is to keep him out of the school. And if they get in the school, have somebody that can interrupt him through armed force. So I don't want to sit here and tell you that we're one law away from solving this problem.
We're not one law away from solving this problem. This problem runs deep and it runs wide. I live in South Carolina. Chuck lives in New York. I understand how he was brought up. Maybe he tries to understand how I was brought up. But people where I live, I've been Christmas shopping all weekend, have come up to me, "Please don't let the government take my guns away."
DAVID GREGORY:
All right.

No comments:

Post a Comment