Monday, June 9, 2014

To heaven again, but this time, not back



Rik Mayall, whose Lord Flasheart stole every scene he played in the BBC Blackadder series, has died, only 56.
Lord Flasheart: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait a minute. Now I may be packing the kind of tackle that you'd normally expect to find swinging about between the hindlegs of a Grand National winner, but I'm not totally stupid. I've got the kind of feeling you'd rather we hadn't come.  
Captain Blackadder: No, no, no, I'm very grateful. It's just that I'd slow you up.  
Lord Flasheart: I think I'm beginning to understand.  
Captain Blackadder: Are... are you?  
Lord Flasheart: Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment