Sunday, July 23, 2017

UK actor: there is not a single male superhero role model left for boys.

66-year-old one-time Time Lord says boys can only learn through their penises:

Image result for peter davison

Peter Davison, who played the fifth Doctor in the early 1980s, expressed these sentiments while at an appearance at Comic-Con this weekend. “If I feel any doubts, it’s the loss of a role model for boys, who I think Doctor Who is vitally important for. So I feel a bit sad about that, but I understand the argument that you need to open it up,” he said, per The Guardian. “As a viewer, I kind of like the idea of the Doctor as a boy but then maybe I’m an old fashioned dinosaur – who knows?”



Davison was "regenerated"- the process allows a Time Lord who is old, wounded or otherwise dying to undergo a transformation into a new physical form and a somewhat different personality- into the Doctor Who role in 1981 at 29, and was killed off (at his request; he feared he'd become typecast) from "spectrox toxemia contracted on Androzani Minor" three years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment