Thursday, August 31, 2017

Another "like backwards in my gay life" moment for Brian Talbert

It should have been a warning sign to Deplorable Pride's tiny membership when co-founder Brian Talbert went on Canadian radio in June to reveal himself an angry, semi-literate jabberer. Here are some excerpts:

BT: It's been something important to me. I have missed a few years but I actually marched in the very first Charlotte pride parade in 1994. And we had absolutely no supporters up and down the streets. There was no booths. There was nothing. We were just a few, maybe 50 people and we were told we were met with nothing but opposition the entire block we were going around. And we were thrown out as we were spit on and I marched in that march and everything, to get to 2017 to where the bathroom bill has just been repealed and then everything, and the first action was a gay group denying another group. It was like a slap in the face from everything from going from 1994 to now. It was it was like backwards for my gay life.

BT: Well Donald Trump honestly, is like the only Republican candidate to ever invite the gay group to be in the DNC. I mean the RNC. You know, his way to do that to extend that, he's not against the gays in anyway. He's said I’m nowhere, I’m not. But you claim I am. He said what the Supreme Court decision was asked if he was going to try to overturn the gay marriage. He said no. The Supreme Court ruled on that. It is over, it is the law of the land. And he supports it fully. His administration will not touch that that law. But yet everyone on the gay side, or the left side seem to say that we're all going to still go to concentration camps and everything. It's ridiculous. I believe that not only will he save my country, he will say my gay community. The man is a unifier in my opinion.

BT: With Mike Pence, our float was not representing Mike Pence or any member of his administration. We were representing the 45th president of the United States and we would have represented the next one. Honestly, as a gay man. I know what it's like to have not had rights. I'm an older gay man. I'm 47. I know what it's like not to have rights or be respected or anybody. So I know what I've gotten. We do not have one less right than what any other person walking around in Charlotte, North Carolina doesn’t have.

BT: I’m interrupting and I don't want to be rude, but I'm not talking about Mike Pence, his beliefs. I believe everyone has a right to their own beliefs. No one has to accept me. That is not a right that I do have. I'm not answering for them or anything. I'm discussing about me being discriminated by my own community that is pissed off about Mike Pence doing something that they claim that I did. It’s a circle, there's a circle and Charlotte pride started it by discriminating against their own kind.

BT: I'm sorry ma'am. I'm not a rude person and I do want to apologize to you. I do not have any ill-will toward me about that.

Now, it turns out (h/t Preitbert News), Canadian Pride groups listened, and said, "Don't need that kind up here":


No comments:

Post a Comment